1. APKY/AMP: Hello Yvonne, and thanks for choosing AuthorMeProfessionals. Please tell us something about yourself and how you came to be a writer.
I have been writing since 1996. My 1st book (a.k.a. "really rough draft") was written in the 8 weeks it took me to recuperate from a surgery I'd just had.
2. APKY/AMP: What inspired you to write your first book?
Personal experience and the fact that I LOVE to read, but b/c I am a visual person, I found that I loved painting pictures with words and I am a romance junkie. I combined fact with fiction and began a new genre called factional. All of my books are about real-life issues. I wanted people to identify with my novels, but be left with hope.
3. APKY/AMP: What genre do you generally write and have you considered other genres?
Generally I write romance and Christian. My last book, is where I ventured into non-fiction.
4. APKY/AMP: Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
Yes. Although life can be really disheartening and tough, there is hope and a positive way of escape.
5. APKY/AMP: What have you had published to-date?
4 novels and one non-fiction
6. APKY/AMP: Do you have any advice for other writers?
If your dream is to write, never give up on your dream. Being a writer is not for the slothful, weak, or for people who hate spending time with themselves. I believe everyone has at least two books in them. One for their life experiences and one on whatever it is they do professionally or well.
7. APKY/AMP: Why should we buy your book?
All of my books are educational, entertaining, and thought provoking. You will experience a range of emotions and be compelled to keep turning those pages.
8. APKY/AMP: How much of the marketing do you do for your published works or indeed for yourself as a ‘brand’?
9. APKY/AMP: Have you won or been shortlisted in any competitions and do you think they help with a writer’s success?
I do not compete with other writers. I am neutral regarding what they will do for a writer.
10. APKY/AMP: Is there a special place that you prefer when you write?
Not necessarily, as long as I can hear instrumental classical music and everything else is quiet.
11. APKY/AMP: What are you working on at the moment / next?
A book called, "The Best Decision You've Ever Made." It's a project that addresses peoples spiritual preference.
12. APKY/AMP: Do you manage to write every day?
13. APKY/AMP: What is your opinion of writer’s block? Do you ever suffer from it? If so, how do you ‘cure’ it?
Yes. Writer's block happens when you have no clear direction; you are overwhelmed with life; you stopped believing in yourself; or if you're not emotionally taking care of yourself.
14. APKY/AMP: Do you write on paper or do you prefer a computer?
I used to use paper. Now I only use the my laptop.
15. APKY/AMP: Where can we find out about you and your work?
16. APKY/AMP: Is there anything else you’d like to mention?
Yes, just a piggyback off of an earlier question. To all writers: never give up. Being an author is a privilege because you've been given a gift to share. You will not get rich, not your average author. Don't quit your day job. Understand this one thing if you don't understand anything else: People don't care how much you know until they know that you care. If you genuinely care about people, they will purchase your books, but what they are really purchasing/supporting is the part of you who cares.
17. APKY/AMP: Thank you. I invite you to include an extract of your writing:
Please open the attachment
18. APKY/AMP: Thank you, Yvonne. AuthorMe Professionals and I wish you all the best!